The KEEN Hikeport is a hiking boots that is not only sleek and stylish which allows for kids to wear them on a daily basis to school and/or the playground, but they are perfect for all your outdoors adventures weather it be hiking in the mountains, deserts or beaches. I will be honest these are my favorite hiking boots for kids that KEEN has made. The things I love about these boots are:
- They are lightweight– not chunky and weighting my kids down on the trails.
- Flexible– they form to and move with my kids foot as they hike.
- Quick and easy to slip on– allowing for my kids to put on their own boots.
- Support– the mid boot supports my kids feet and ankles as they hike all different trails and terrain.
- Waterproof- allowing for my kids to walk through water and still have dry feet.
Our oldest son wore these boots hiking through The Narrows at Zion National Park. The entire trail is in water, hiking over rocks and boulders for over 5 hours. After hiking all day the boots still looked new and we were thankful they gave him a lot of support and comfortability while hiking.
I don’t really have anything bad to say about these boot. I only wish KEEN made more boots in this style and in bigger sizes!
Here is a list of the specs on these boots:
KEEN.DRYA proprietary waterproof, breathable membrane that lets vapor out without letting water in.
METATOMICAL FOOTBED DESIGN
This internal support mechanism is anatomically engineered to provide excellent arch support and cradle the natural contours of the foot.
- KEEN.Dry® waterproof, breathable membrane
- Adjustable hook-and-loop closure for easy on, easy off
- Padded collar and tongue for comfort
- *Cleansport NXT™ for natural odor control
- Waterproof, leather and textile upper
- Non-marking rubber outsole leaves no trace
- Direct attach PU midsole for light weight durability
- Breathable mesh lining
- Removable, metatomical EVA footbed for cushioning